homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ramble on Christmas rush/ideas

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ramble on Christmas rush/ideas
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 20:46:59 -0800

Aren't gift cards the greatest thing every? They even come in nifty colors and with nifty pictures on them! We've done the Amazon thing but only do it when they have free shipping, otherwise it is cheaper to do it ourselves and use the media rate.

mailing packages, I went to direct ship, i.e. order from
Amazon and let them ship it. That was easier for me as I wouldn't have
to make a trip to town, etc. The last few years, financially, have
slackened further, and now I am down to gift cards if I give anything at
all. They are just convenient to mail and order. Last year, we only
gave to kids under 15 in the family. This year, we probably won't be
able to give presents at all. So, if you can swing mailing 15 packages,
you are doing better than me!
I just refuse to get caught up in the holiday, even when I could afford
it. I hate shopping...bah humbug...I hate the post office...bah
humbug...and I never feel comfortable with the gift I am giving...bah
freakin humbug. Sometimes, I feel that the easiest way for me to get
through the holidays is to not celebrate at all, and in fact, some years
we don't even put up a tree. Such would be the case this year, except
that there is a small chance that TJ might get to come home, and if he
does, I want there to be a tree.