homestead - Re: [Homestead] On Neighbor's Cats

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] On Neighbor's Cats
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:00:17 -0600

As to stray cats and screens, I have only one experience with this.
One winter morning I went out to get the paper. There was a strange
cat hanging by its claws on the screen door. I suppose that the cat
was hoping against hope for a handout, given the cold weather. Perhaps
the cat was even accustomed to getting into its own home by hanging on
the screen until the owner let it in - who knows? And why the danged
cat didn't go HOME to tear up their screen, I've no idea either. We
had dogs, no cats indoor or outdoor at that time, so I don't know why
the cat chose our particular screen door to latch itself onto.
Thankfully, though, that is my only experience of that sort.

Gloria