homestead - Re: [Homestead] Finding that Homesteading Partner

  • From: "Wendy Gulliver" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Finding that Homesteading Partner
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:30:34 -0500

He asked how am I to get to know anyone if I won't date. Oh, dilemma.

Perhaps useful would be group sessions: permaculture classes, field
trips, study groups. Also possibly intentional communities.

Usually the type of classes and groups I like to attend are all women. If I were seriously looking right now, I would make more of an effort to be in situations that would allow me to meet men on the kind of "turf" that could allow me to be comfortable. For now, I am happy just "coasting". I know I have some issues I need to work through before I would want to try to make someone else understand.

You know Gene, at one point I had seriously considered leaving with the kids and moving down to Kentucky on Frank's Farm, but then I noticed that all my bank accounts had been cleaned out, so I was stuck (again). Mike was good at that. Keep 'em barefoot and pregnant.

Wendy