homestead - Re: [Homestead] chicken house materials- was Update on homesteady things

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] chicken house materials- was Update on homesteady things
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 11:24:51 -0800

At 11/19/2006 12:36 AM,EarthNSky wrote:

I am totally out of hay/straw and I have not been able to find the time
to drive around getting those haybales like I had planned, so tomorrow
I'll head out to the back pasture with a slingblade to whack some grass
for the nestboxes in the new coop.

Some years I took the newspapers and got everyone together and we shredded them, made good stuff for the chicken house.
I often thought a shredder would be good for this but was too cheap, so we did it by hand. The pieces weren't as thin but they worked.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA