homestead - Re: [Homestead] chicken house materials- was Update on homesteady things

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] chicken house materials- was Update on homesteady things
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:04:10 -0500

Speaking of chicken house materials, the only thing I've bought for my
setup was concrete(20 bags) for the foundation and some dog fencing.
All the wood was either freecycled or scavenged, and the shingles were
leftover from when we reroofed the house a few years ago. Paint is
leftover from other projects, too.
I think I paid 3.28 a bag for the concrete, so that tells you how much I
have in the coop.
I never got around to slingblading the grass. I was lazy again and just
raked up a few leaves. I like grass better, but leaves will do for now.
The coop itself is now done, except for painting, and the posts are in
for the moat...just gotta get the fencing done. It's getting there.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky