homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:12:42 -0600

Leading to the United States having the highest incarnation rate of any
country in the world. Prisons are a huge business and they need a constant
stream of input.

I find this fact horribly embarrassing for we Americans. It may be an even worse indictment than that we pay, like, four times as much money for less effective health care than the other top fifteen or so countries in the world.

Truth is, a high percentage of our inmates are in jail on drug-related charges. The so-called War on Drugs is a real money-maker. Hm, anyone know where this particular money trail leads?