homestead - Re: [Homestead] Raising gas prices

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Raising gas prices
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:43:11 -0500

clhw wrote:
I filled my tank last night for $1.839, the same price I've paid for
about a month now at that particular Spinx station. That is for 87
octane with ethanol added, and it is located at Honea Path, South
Carolina.

The prices in Greenwood, Abbeville, Honea Path, Princeton, and
Simpsonville yesterday ranged from the $1.839 to $2.049 for the low
octane. The price has been creeping up for the last 4 weeks. No new
spurt post-election.

I concur. I paid $2.02 for regular a couple of weeks ago. On our
vacation, Saturday before the election, I paid $2.14 in Cleveland, GA.
On Tuesday, election day, I noted that gas was $2.17 at the same
station. Ron filled up his truck yesterday and paid $2.12 at the BP in
town. Prices in Calhoun are a bit cheaper than prices in Cleveland, and
have been both before and after the election. IMO, gas prices have been
fluctuating for about a month, slowly rising all the time, and I
personally think that trend will continue during the holiday season
through the first of the year. I don't think it has anything at all to
do with the election, I think it is just greedy oil execs trying to make
more billions.
We don't have ethanol gas here, sadly.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky