homestead - Re: [Homestead] Raising gas prices

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Raising gas prices
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 07:55:35 -0800

At 11/9/2006, you wrote:

I scoffed at the idea of "them" lowering gas prices just to make
things better before the election, now I find myself wondering.

I originally thought they may be manipulating prices for the election then looked into the matter a big. Demand for oil is slipping a bit after the summer drive season, China is slowing a bit as is the rest of the world, no major hurricanes affected Gulf oil pumps and refineries, and oil storage stocks were up. As collaboration other indicators such as copper have slipped.

Now that the election has passed oil is once again over $60 and headed up so I guess they were manipulated for political gain though thankfully it did little good. Gold and silver are headed up, aluminum is steady, and copper is headed down. Copper is used in many things from printed circuit boards to house wiring. As the economy cools demand is cooling rapidly, copper was well over $3.80 this summer and now it is down to $3.12. Gold was down to about $560 a month ago and is now $630

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal

I am omnivagant.