homestead - Re: [Homestead] American voters

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] American voters
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:50:21 -0500

Why sorry??
I agree with you, especially on voting out incumbents. Re-read my post.
I voted anti-incumbent all the way down.
I am proud of our voters, too. We showed up around 6pm at the precinct
and a friend of mine, who is the manager, said that our district was at
52% participation for registered voters. That's a higher turnout than I
can recall-ever. Usually it is in the 40's.
I know my views aren't the majority on a lot of issues, but I don't care
because I feel the way I feel and I vote the way I feel. If I voted for
who I thought had a chance or who I thought would win, to ME, that would
be wasting my vote.
Anytime people come out to vote we are victorious. It is the great
thing about this country that we can lose and still feel good about it.
I am happy and proud that I don't think like most of the country. :)

Bev

Gene GeRue wrote:
Sorry, Bev, I can't hold it back.

I would be remiss if I did not say that I am proud of my fellow American voters. I lost faith in them with the 2004 election results.
This time the pain level had risen to sufficient level. They came
through.

You will recall that my mantra is: When in slightest doubt, always
vote against the incumbent.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky