homestead - Re: [Homestead] Raising gas prices

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Raising gas prices
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 23:20:51 -0600

The day before the election, I paid $1.98 per gallon here. At 4:30 am,
the day after the election, I paid $2.17. Coincidence? I think not. Of
course, I had cynically told everyone that the reduced gas prices
leading up to the election were a blatant attempt to steer people into
voting their pocketbook, and that the day after the election we would
see a jump. So I wasn't surprised. I'm glad folks didn't get duped by
the lower prices, though. Despite the cynical view that voters are
stupid and vote based strictly on moment-to-moment pocketbook issues,
they showed that they can take a broader view and vote based on their
view of world affairs, and corruption amongst politicians, and not on
how much this week's tank of gas will cost.

Gloria

On 11/9/06, Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com> wrote:
On 11/9/06, Rob <becida AT comcast.net> wrote:

> I scoffed at the idea of "them" lowering gas prices just to make
> things better before the election, now I find myself wondering.

Hmmm, the driving season is over. Nothing else has changed. It will be
interesting to see what happens to energy prices in the next couple of
years.

Marie