homestead - Re: [Homestead] FAQ's Bermuda Grasses

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw AT chilitech.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] FAQ's Bermuda Grasses
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:14:30 -0400

From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>
> BTW, our weeds don't follow the same pattern in the >west either. Most
of them sprout in the fall, and go to >seed in early summer, like mustard,
chickweed, and >countless others. This is the main reason I suspect that
>garlic mustard won't thrive that well as a weed here.

Sheep will eat a lot of those 'weeds'. Maybe the trick is to have your
main grazing season in the winter. You have mild temperatures and your
rainfall is in the winter; makes sense to graze when stuff is growing.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Cowbridge Farm