homestead - Re: [Homestead] American Chestnuts

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] American Chestnuts
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:05:52 -0400

Lynda wrote:

We've never had any problem roots cuttings. We're going to try our
hand at grafting next.

Lynda

Are you speaking in general or specifically about chestnuts? They are
allegedly almost impossible to propagate from cuttings. If you are
talking chestnuts, please tell me exactly how you did it, and don't
leave anything out!!

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky