homestead - Re: [Homestead] Missouri Design for Conservation

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Missouri Design for Conservation
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:55:23 -0700

Bill, supposedly you have a college education. Thus, you should know that
presenting historical facts (F-A-C-T-S) is not synonomous with paranoid
(concerns for one's well-being, beliefs of threats to oneself or property,
belief in conspiracy theories).

Fact: reservations were the equivalent of jails and residents were not
allowed beyond the boundaries.

Fact: 1928 federal laws were passed designating American Indians "humans"
and allowing them the right to vote and participate in legal actions.

Thus, facts provided for your information, FYI. And, I'd suggest you do some reading on a couple of reservations which routinely are locked down by the feds. That means it still goes on today.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>

I figured you'd provide something informative, if paranoia-based. My,
people were certainly ignorant back then! He's telling people who
wouldn't know any better that it's still going on today, from the way he
worded it.