homestead - Re: [Homestead] Missouri Design for Conservation

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Missouri Design for Conservation
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:31:48 -0700

sanrico AT highdesert.com wrote:

Are the reservations not just zoos for humans? The humans we're 'superior' to?

Are there people being imprisoned on reservations?

This makes me think of something I saw on TV. There's a show called "Moms in Africa". They were in S. Africa and they went to see this fellow's drag show. They only showed a fraction of what must be total BS. He said something about how their Apartheid system was inspired by American indian reservations. My understanding is that, if you were black, you had to be out of Johannesburg and back in one of the "townships" by sundown. I didn't realize that our local tribe also has to check in with the Gestapo every night <sarcasm>. Anyway, if the audience were always Americans, it wouldn't matter so much, since we all know that indians come and go as they please. But here's this lying freak telling that to other audiences as well, and shaping their views of us.

Bill