homestead - Re: [Homestead] Woodstove, Propane or Other

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Woodstove, Propane or Other
  • Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 09:05:28 -0700

At 10/1/2006 02:08 PM,Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

Our older Vermont Castings wood stove needs serious repair work that will
cost almost as much as buying new, and since the stove is 20 years old and
looks its age, we've been contemplating whether to replace the stove with
another wood stove or go with one that looks like a wood stove but has gas
logs (propane) or another choice.

When we were in MN we used a combination of wood- propane- electric. Before we had the wood burner I put in one of those ventless propane heaters, it worked great for keeping the central area comfortable. The heater was not too expensive to buy and did not require electricity to work.
When we had the wood burner going the propane heater took on a much smaller use.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA