homestead - Re: [Homestead] Woodstove, Propane or Other

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Woodstove, Propane or Other
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:59:48 -0400

On 10/2/06, SISU! <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

I'd hate to see you go, at least permanently. BUT, looking at the bright
side, perhaps you can come back with a renewed sense of homesteading and new
ideas for living a more simple life. The Irish are workers, but they do
know how to relax. <g>

I'd love to expose my sons to other cultures and it might help me appreciate
living in my country of birth more if I got a fresh perspective. Also, feel
too antsy to wait another 20 years to travel. I also wonder where the
energy and money is going to come from at that point in my life. We'll
see--and we aren't gone yet. We're looking into passports now having just
received certified birth certificates on every family member which is a
requirement. Did you know that it now costs $97 per passport application?
($67 for under age 14--so we can save $30 on my youngest son).

Lisa