homestead - Re: [Homestead] What wildlife did you conserve and observe today

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What wildlife did you conserve and observe today
  • Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 10:33:54 -0500

We note the butterflies arrive in our area the same
time a certain tree turns exactly the shade of orange of their open
wings.

A butterfly the same color as the backhoe paint--I guess it would be Case Orange--landed next to me on the fender and rode there for several minutes. It was amazingly content to stay in place through the constant bumps and lurches. Its legs have better shock absorbers than Magnolia.