homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tractors, again

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tractors, again
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:44:55 -0500

Landini started tractor production in 1925 and the name exists today. They
own the Case IH plant in England and today build the McCormic tractor. The next time you are in the West Plains farm store, look over the McCormics on display. The smaller tractors are built in Japan but the big ones are built by Landini from mostly Case IH designs.

Now I'm wondering if that tractor we looked at in Ava might have been built by Landini, too. With all the old names now owned by new names, the brain boggles.

Kubota is becoming popular here. Who makes that?

Seems to me a big issue regarding old iron would be parts availability.