homestead - Re: [Homestead] Feeling really stupid and old

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Feeling really stupid and old
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:52:07 -0400

On 9/25/06, SISU! <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

I'm giving myself a week to reach a comfort level, and if I can't master
this to a reasonable level of safety on my terrain, I'll admit defeat and go
back to the boring exercycle in the bedroom. :) I dunno Rob, maybe this is
early Parkinson's or Alzheimers or something. :)

In a week you'll be telling us you're ready to starting riding on the Blue
Ridge Parkway (with any luck). And if not, so what?

After these conversations yesterday, I read a report from an investment
advisory service regarding a new drug coming down the pike, we hope, for
Alzheimers. This drug sailed through Phase I and II of the drug trials with
little side effects or problems and is now in Phase III testing in some 20+
well known university hospitals. Many drug trials don't make it this far,
but this one is doing very well. If everything continues to go well, this
drug will be the most recent technology for Alzheimer's patients in
2007/08. This drug won't defeat Alzheimer's, but it is a step towards that
direction and is far better than the existing drugs on the market...thanks
to new developing technology.

Lisa