homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tractors, again

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tractors, again
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:27:55 -0700

At 9/26/2006, you wrote:
This is one advantage to the Ford "N" tractors, there
were so many of them. And the old "johny pops" not
only were there lots of them but they run even after
they are worn out.

Most parts are available for just about any tractor from the 30s on. IHC tractors are also a good bet and everything is available even though the company has been part of case since 1982.

The Kubota is a Japanese company, the small j=John Deeres are Kubotas.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal

I am omnivagant.