homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gardening as Antidote to World Conditions.

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gardening as Antidote to World Conditions.
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:20:38 -0400

Ron likes it, too. IMO, the show used to be pretty good-they used to
actually explain the physics and science behind whatever they were
doing. This last year or so, I noticed that they are doing less science
and more of what I call "caveman stunts", i.e. blowing stuff up. Half
the time, they blow up stuff and it serves no purpose as to disprove or
prove whatever myth they are supposedly testing. Last week, they blew
up a cement mixer-served no purpose whatsoever-simple overkill for their
own amusement. I just get the feeling of "boys will be boys" and "all
boys have toys" when I watch the show now, when I used to really enjoy
the science aspect of the show.
JMO,

Bev