homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gardening as Antidote to World Conditions.

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gardening as Antidote to World Conditions.
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:08:12 -0400

On 9/20/06, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

Now printing Zankou sauce recipe.

Thank you Gene, Don and Gloria. Immersing myself in nature has always
helped me to restore or replenish my wounded, world weary soul. I find
myself with a bit of a sinus cold now, guess I stayed up too late the last
couple nights talking with old musician friends that stayed with us during
their travels through our neck of the woods. I just bet that Zankou sauce
would cure what ails you.

I didn't garden much this year, I needed a break and decided this was my
year to fully support local farmers. We had to run some errands in town,
Wednesday is the day our foster care client volunteers at the rescue squad
washing ambulances. On the way, my youngest son talked about what he wants
to grow in next year's garden--and how when we return home later this
afternoon, we'd like to plant a couple rows of spinach since even locally
it's nowhere to be found.

We have canned pears, have wrapped more to eat and can in a couple weeks and
will can apples in between. The 100+ year old Stayman apple tree has been
dropping apples regularly and with increasing frequency the last couple
weeks. Have three bushels full that need attention with more to come. My
first quarterly report for my foster care client is due in a couple days,
then I can work on homesteading related activities without having paperwork
on the brain.

Lisa