homestead - [Homestead] DR Walk-behind Bush hog

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] DR Walk-behind Bush hog
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:31:19 -0400

As I mentioned on the used tractor thread, we'd rather have a used tractor,
but a DR walk-behind may serve our main need of bush hogging. Does anyone
have experience with this machine? Wondering if it's worth the money and
will really do the job or if we'd be better served with waiting for a used
tractor. We aim to bush hog our fields (10+/- acres) 2-4x per year and
begin lightly clearing or reclaiming areas around the perimeter of the
remainder of the wooded land. We also have a 1 acre sized pond that needs
to be mowed or bush hogged around the somewhat steep edges. Only part of
one side of the pond has a gradual slope, otherwise it's a nice pitch.
Thanks for your thoughts.