homestead - Re: [Homestead] Being too frugal, if it's possible

  • From: "Wendy Gulliver" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Being too frugal, if it's possible
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:12:27 -0400

WENDY!!!!! (major hugs!)
I wondered where you were! I was beginning to feel
neglected...lol....it is great to know you are still around, and it is
really nice to make contact with you again. I've missed you!

I've missed you too. Really. This is one of those lists where one can never post just one. <G>

Well, you didn't need to convince me, but thanks for the breakdown. I
personally don't touch anything with artificial sweeteners..I think it's
all poison. Like I said, I kept the stuff only for guests that drink
it. I'm glad that my houseguest felt comfortable enough with me to pour
the stuff out and tell me about it! She wanted me to taste it, but I
wouldn't. Besides, I told her it wouldn't do me any good to taste it
because I don't drink diet drinks to know what they are supposed to
taste like!

It is all pretty much all poison. The least offensive sweetner, in my opinion, is saccharin, followed by the now banned cyclamate. Cyclamates were banned because if you were a pig and you drank a bathtub full of diet soda in one sitting, there was a very slight chance you could develop cancer.

Why don't you launch the diet soda, and serve your guests some more healthfull alternatives like a crushed cherry or orange slice in water.

LOL, Karen mentioned the same 'activity'...I guess I need to try it. I
don't have any mentos, though. It might be a fun thing to do at TJ's
Aloha party on Labor Day weekend...Less than 4 days until he comes home..

Google "diet coke mentos" and you can find some detailed descriptions for some home-made rockets and other fun stuff.

So Wen, where are you these days...what have you been up to?
Give me a call sometime... ;)

I've been hanging in there. Hubby moved to S.C. about five years ago and is now living with his new live-in (I actually like her, but he treats her as badly as he treated me so I don't think she is going to hang around much longer). Daughter #3 threw a snit last christmas and moved in with them (she doesn't like her). Daughter #1 is living with her fiance (he is nice, I like him) got her BA in art and is working on her masters in on-line educational web development. Daughter #2 got a full ride at Millersville University where she is a math education major. So, it is just me, my son and my house pig here and my horse at a barn. I'll give you a call sometime.

Wendy