homestead - Re: [Homestead] Being too frugal, if it's possible

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Being too frugal, if it's possible
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:08:58 -0400

Wendy Gulliver wrote:

Hi Bev! {{{hugs}}} Long time no chat.

WENDY!!!!! (major hugs!)
I wondered where you were! I was beginning to feel
neglected...lol....it is great to know you are still around, and it is
really nice to make contact with you again. I've missed you!

I've been busy and had not had the
time to get involved here, but I had to put my two cents in on this. Diet soda with aspartame is bad news. Aspartame breaks down into three chemicals above 93F, none of which are safe to drink. (Remember
when nutrasweet first came out, it was mixed with saccharine because
it was so unstable that it converted in the delivery trucks and
tasted nasty.) One is methanol and I can't remember what the other
two are, but one of them interferes with the metabolism of sugar.
That is why there is now a serious problem with adult type II
diabetes in children. Most insulin dependent diabetics can go off
insulin injections by merely stopping the aspartame consumption and
those with severe diabetes complications such as retinal bleeding and
healing issues can halt the effects by halting the aspartame. It
only takes a few days to see the difference. However, many people
who drink quantities have problems stopping the aspartame as it is
addictive. The other chemical is an odd one. Your body doesn't
recognize it at all. There is no mechanism to utilize it or
eliminate it so your body encapsulates it in a fat and stores it like
it does with any molecule it can't deal with. I call this storage
fat "permafat". You know those fat pockets that you cannot get rid
of no matter how much you exercise or diet. Liposuction is the only
method to remove it. Wow, some of you may have noticed that your
body temp is usually about 98.6F. This means that even if aspartame
laced soda is stored properly, and is safe when you drink it, it
converts into toxic waste as soon as you drink it. How about that!

Well, you didn't need to convince me, but thanks for the breakdown. I
personally don't touch anything with artificial sweeteners..I think it's
all poison. Like I said, I kept the stuff only for guests that drink
it. I'm glad that my houseguest felt comfortable enough with me to pour
the stuff out and tell me about it! She wanted me to taste it, but I
wouldn't. Besides, I told her it wouldn't do me any good to taste it
because I don't drink diet drinks to know what they are supposed to
taste like!

So, what do you do with diet coke? Pour
it into a plastic bottle if it isn't already in one. Then, with the opening pointed away from your face and everyone else's, drop in a Mentos mint and watch out! The reaction is spectacular. Diet coke isn't good to drink, but it is fun to play with.

LOL, Karen mentioned the same 'activity'...I guess I need to try it. I
don't have any mentos, though. It might be a fun thing to do at TJ's
Aloha party on Labor Day weekend...Less than 4 days until he comes home..

So Wen, where are you these days...what have you been up to?
Give me a call sometime... ;)

Bev

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm GO NAVY!
Proud SUBMARINE Parents of a USS Key West Sailor