homestead - Re: [Homestead] Being too frugal, if it's possible

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Being too frugal, if it's possible
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:10:03 -0500

On 8/22/06, Gloria Morris <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com> wrote:
I'm guessing that like all canned goods they have a
limited shelf life, but I have no idea how long that might be.

According to people who drink the stuff, soft drinks are good for
about 2 or 3 months. Me, I never noticed the difference (and regular
cokes tend to get shoved to the back of the fridge because I only keep
them on hand for migraines --- but maybe since I only drink them when
I'm sick as a dog, I'm not the best judge of taste).

I think Gloria's idea will probably work. I know several family where
everyone drinks goat milk, which tastes fine to them when it comes out
plastic Prairie Farm containers (that once held cow milk).

Marie