homestead - Re: [Homestead] Alternative inventory:Solar

  • From: Viking <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Alternative inventory:Solar
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:44:05 -0400

Thanks James (and Don). Over the years, I have learned this stuff again
and again. It just doesn't seem to stick with me. I will save this for
future reference. I don't know why electrical stuff 'throws' me, but I
had trouble with it even in college-back in the day when my mind was
used a lot more than it is now. :) These days, I have to sit down with
books and take baby steps to understand stuff. The math part comes
easy, it's the terminology and theory part that I have to reference and
have trouble holding in mind. Luckily for our homestead and lifestyle,
Ron's specialty is electrical systems, and my son inherited that
interest, but it is just lost on me, for whatever reason. They explain
things over and over again to me as I just don't retain knowledge that I
don't use daily.

Bev

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

I get confused when words like resistance and amperage get thrown
around.

Bev, here's the crash course:

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W