homestead - Re: [Homestead] Alternative inventory:Solar

  • From: Viking <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Alternative inventory:Solar
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:14:03 -0400

KNat wrote:

Solar trickle charger for outdoor batteries (tractor, truck, pump)

Please explain thism, including costs.

Solar battery chargers for handhelds (kids toys, flashlights, radios,
battery clippers, lawnmower)

Where did you find such?

Solar cooker curriculum for local groups (solar race cars too) Solar
food dryer used only occasionally because electric easier

I forgot about this one, but I do use solar for drying in addition to my
electric dehydrators, especially when drying large quantities.

Natural lighting added via sun tubes and skylights For plant growth/solar air cleaning

Ah! A sun piper! Please elaborate and tell me how many sun pipes you
have and if you have found any negatives for them..like, do you get
leaks around the pipe? Did you install these yourself or were they
built in at the time your home was constructed.

Thanks,

Bev

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W