homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:26:01 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

I started this thread by posting an article by a writer who made his case
for not supporting the troops in Iraq. The agile and involved minds of the
Homestead family quickly worked their way through that issue and then a few
members polarized issues of e-mail and telephone eavesdropping and
presidential power.

This morning, The New York Times is running a story that includes results
of a poll on the wiretap issue. "Fifty-three percent of the respondents
said they supported eavesdropping without warrants 'in order to reduce the
threat of terrorism.'" And: "In one striking finding, respondents
overwhelmingly supported e-mail and telephone monitoring directed at
'Americans that the government is suspicious of;' they overwhelmingly
opposed the same kind of surveillance if it was aimed at 'ordinary Americans.'"

The White House will make its case, the press will sell, excite and inform,
the DC Whorehouse will pose, posture and seek political gain, the Supremes
will await the case, and we, the elevated members of the Homestead List,
will observe and react, ever alert to waning freedom. This is our America
in the sunrise days of the twenty-first century.

***
Sheople have yet to figure out that the them in "the government is suspicious of" IS "ordinary Americans. AND, that they are the "them" that will loose still more freedomes.

The p.s. system is working exactly how it was designed to work! Welcome to the new McCarthyism.