homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:37:08 -0800

According to Military.com, the Army has just now contracted to purchase body armor
http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,86028,00.html?ESRC=dod-b.nl

" The U.S. Army, under pressure to issue more protective gear to its Soldiers in Iraq, has signed a $70 million emergency contract with a California company to rush ceramic body armor to the front lines."

It is a "sole source" contract, so one might want to look into who might or might not be involved with Ceradyne Inc.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>

As I understand it the Army is now issuing armor and not allowing soldiers
who have bought it (or have been given it) to use their own. This suggests
to me that a contractor is now supplying armor and doesn't want any
comparisons to the armor bought privately.

Marie