homestead - Re: [Homestead] Asia doubts US resolve

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Asia doubts US resolve
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 08:03:16 -0600

I do know what's different now! We are!
We just finished invading two nations half way around the world and
we are holding secret prisoners.

What bothers me most is that we, the American people, are insufficiently engaged to cause our leaders to follow our moral and ethical values. Further, we are apathetic to growing departures from those values. We may be modern day Rome.

Today, most political angst derives from the Iraq Invasion. If you get a chance, there is an article in the early December Rolling Stone magazine about the guy whose company manipulated the news and political conditions to help justify the Bush empire invade Iraq. He calls himself an information warrior. Way beyond spin, what he does is international public relations and manipulation of what is perceived as truth. He is one of a growing army of private contractors who do things that, for instance, the White House, the CIA and the Pentagon are precluded by law from doing.