homestead - Re: [Homestead] Asia doubts US resolve

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Asia doubts US resolve
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:22:02 -0800

Chris Clarke wrote:

I doubt that than anyone else other than he said these things
any near a public forum. However, it is an interesting threat.

Didn't you mean "yesterday's" Japan? I came to the same conclusions by the process of reason alone. I mean, we've lived for years now knowing that thanks to the blunders of '45, other nations' nuclear weapons are aimed at us by the thousands. But it's hard to see how our two countries are natural adversaries, like the Germans and Russians of yesterday. Ideology isn't enough reason to have a huge nuclear war, and we all need oil, food, etc. Therefore......... the only sort of person who lies awake at night worrying about such things must be a paranoid hawk.

But isn't it a little crazy to treat the Germans and Japanese like children who can't manage their only armies? It's a different world now.

Bill