homestead - Re: [Homestead] Asia doubts US resolve

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Asia doubts US resolve
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 19:29:05 -0800

At 12/9/2005 08:22 AM,Bill Jones wrote:
I mean, we've lived for years now knowing
that thanks to the blunders of '45, other nations' nuclear weapons are
aimed at us by the thousands.

From what I've heard the guys who were going to have to invade Japan thought the bombing was a good idea & others were working on splitting the atom at the time. Technology is a lot like Pandora's Box.

But isn't it a little crazy to treat the Germans and Japanese like
children who can't manage their only armies? It's a different world now.

How's the world different? Smaller maybe?
FWIW there are still people around who remember what Japan & Germany did in the years between 1900 and 1945, people who still have nightmares over it.

I do know what's different now! We are!
We just finished invading two nations half way around the world and we are holding secret prisoners.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net
Now in western Washington, USA

When Benjamin Franklin was leaving Constitution Hall, the gathered crowds
wanted to know what kind of government the framers of the Constitution had
given them. His reply: "A Republic, if you can keep it."