homestead - [Homestead] Mobile Home Skirting

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Homestead" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Mobile Home Skirting
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:50:33 -0500

Hey all,

I have a job coming up and can't seem to find much on the web to guide me. I
am having a double-wide mobile put on my property (still waiting). Foundation
is in and I had a footer dug and poured at the perimeter for the skirting. I
am going to put this in myself.

I will use either brick or cinder block. Have to price it, but prefer brick.
The mobile will be in place when I lay the brick. I assume that I just lay
the brick, putting in some ventilation windows that I can pick up at the
mobile dealer. I'll leave a wooden entry door and that is about it. I'm a bit
confused how I will get the brick to meet the bottom of the house but will
figure that out. The footer is poured in level sections as the house is on a
bit of a slope. How I get the brick to meet the house is confusing me.

Anyway, I was wondering......if anyone here has done this or got any tips for
me. Is there more here to consider? Coming from Florida, all the freezing
pipes and stuff is making me think that there may be some things I can do now
to make that better.

After Larry's "A Trying Week" post (hang in there Larry), I will put the
access door close to the plumbing and make it big.

Thanks,

Rob