homestead - [Homestead] Ferrocrete walls

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Ferrocrete walls
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:26:15 -0800

Gene, when I was at your place in Phoenix you showed me a wall made in ferrocrete. I would like a discussion on this technique as I may be building a wall about 100 feet long. One end will be about 3 feet high shrinking to grade at the other end. I am thinking one end will be a plain flat wall for maybe 20 feet then go to a more free form shape as it shrinks. The free form end will have built in benches and maybe a flat top near the end. I do not have final dimensions as grading will not be complete for another several weeks.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up

My travel journal

My present location is the star on the map in the link below
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=33.322470&longitude=-87.066649