homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bumper sticker sighting

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bumper sticker sighting
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:22:45 -0800

Seems to me from what I've seen is that stereotyping with that big ol' blanket is what is always done.

Sure, there are a bunch of right wing radical religious nuts out there and sure there are a lot of them pushing their way out there because of the current atmosphere. HOWEVER, those running this country, and by extension ruining it, are the Neo-Cons and I wouldn't describe them as religious unless you are talking worshipping at the alter of the almighty dollar!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>

You really believe that it is "religious nuts" that are ruining the
country, or are you just really laying out a big, wide blanket in your
statement? I personally think our current President is nuts, but only
outwardly religious.

I guess I can see where you are coming from, but I think when you typify
all who are not atheist or democrat as nuts, that blanket statement is just
too large.

Best wishes,
Melody