homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ferrocrete walls

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ferrocrete walls
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:35:17 -0600

Two layers of chicken
wire will be laid against the slope.

Don, I don't understand this. What do these two layers or mesh do?

Rebar posts will be bent and tied to
the footing rebar. Wall height will average less than 2' with a 20'
section at 3'. A rebar top rail will be wired in place. A final two
layers of chicken wire will be paid in place and concrete pushed into the
wire. If I can I will rent a concrete sprayer.

So, you will have four layers of mesh, right? I'm unclear about two layers, then rebar, then two more layers of mesh.