homestead - Re: [Homestead] USDA's Mandatory Property and Animal SurveillanceProgram

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] USDA's Mandatory Property and Animal SurveillanceProgram
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:59:10 -0400

I did some google searches on this. Bizarre!! I need to listen in on the political discussion on this and other lists more. How on earth would they be able to enforce this? At least on a subsintence farm it would seem difficult. FOr people like me that are thinking about selling a few poultry from the farm, this could be a big problem.

Rob, VA

This came in on another list, I took a look at
the link and it does appear to be real.
I will admit that in my mind when I see "USDA"
doing something I think of agribiz getting it's
ideas turned into law. What's good for the
agribiz is not necessarily good for me.
Those of you who keep chickens or goats or cows
or any type of livestock might want to take a look at this.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net