homestead - Re: [Homestead] USDA's Mandatory Property and Animal Surveillance Program

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] USDA's Mandatory Property and Animal Surveillance Program
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:37:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/18/2005 10:49:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lkvp AT floydva.net writes:

> I'm behind with list reading. I guess this is real. What the heck is
> our country coming to? Perhaps it will be time to rise up and revolt
> against the Federalized police state and ID numbers. We keep chickens,
> I can't imagine for the life of me having to get some ID # or chip for
> our chickens.

Keep in mind that the animal and premise ID program is real, present, and
ongoing. Computer ID chips, mandatory registration, accounting for every
chicken
on the farmstead is speculaton. This state has had an animal ID program for
many years. Noice that the NAIS is set up to accept state, breeding
association, fancier organization, etc. data as part of the ID program.

When one wanders within two miles of this homestead, one encounters countless
pigs, goats, sheep, horses, cows, chickens, rabbits and all sorts of
livestock that the people depend on for part of their livelihood, have done
so for
many a year, and would not willingly give them up. The number of personel to
manage a mandatory NAIS just in this hollow is staggering and the number
required
to enforce it against the people's lack of cooperation defies the imagination.