homestead - Re: [Homestead] B. C.'s Latest Acheivements

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] B. C.'s Latest Acheivements
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:22:52 -0600

At 09:53 AM 9/26/05 -0700, you wrote:
>I find the whole birth certificate obsession to show just how stupid the
>powers that be are. Precisely what does a birth certificate in hand prove?
>That *someone* was born on a x day in y month in z year. Doesn't prove
>*you* are that someone. There aren't any pictures that go with them nor any
>identifying statements (blonde, blue eyed, etc.) or fingerprints or anything
>that makes it anything more than a piece of paper anyone can buy.
>
>Lynda

Nope, it's just coersive enough to ensure you validate your child's birth
so they will really exist and as a side effect they will be able to track
them easier.

As a side note, while in the hospital having my last two boys, the social
worker was panicking because I wasn't worried about applying for a Social
Security Card for my infants. I laughingly assured her that I wouldn't be
putting them to work just yet, so I didn't see the rush.

Best wishes,
Melody

Best wishes,
Melody