homestead - Re: [Homestead] B. C.'s Latest Acheivements

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] B. C.'s Latest Acheivements
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:53:41 -0700

I find the whole birth certificate obsession to show just how stupid the
powers that be are. Precisely what does a birth certificate in hand prove?
That *someone* was born on a x day in y month in z year. Doesn't prove
*you* are that someone. There aren't any pictures that go with them nor any
identifying statements (blonde, blue eyed, etc.) or fingerprints or anything
that makes it anything more than a piece of paper anyone can buy.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Trying to give my money to Missouri, I went in to get a driver's license.
have lots of ID including my Arizona drivers license. Not good enough.
Must
now present my birth certificate. One presumes a passport is not far
behind. Not having my birth certificate here, I said, well, see you
around.

I wonder how many Islamic terrorists-in-training will apply for drivers
licenses once they know of this requirement. Can you spell counterfeit?
Meanwhile, how many citizens will be inconvenienced by Big Brother. Our
guvmint and taxes at work.