homestead - Re: [Homestead] Woodwoorking tools

  • From: Keith B <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Woodwoorking tools
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 06:02:13 -0400

Yeah, I pealed over 300 red pine logs for our cabin. The first ones were wet and sticky and impossible to get all the bark off without gouging the wood but by the end of the summer they shed it like a dog loosing its winter coat. I used a drawknife and a hatchet mostly.

Gene GeRue wrote:

Seems like the debarking would be affected by the time of year of the cut. Spring sap is nasty, leaves residue. Anyone have substantial experience?

--
For by your words you will be justified Keith Bellinger
And by your words you will be condemned bartermn AT epix.net