homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Wok - was The specuator factor ..

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Wok - was The specuator factor ..
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:00:08 -0700

While doing some knitting (cape for youngest) the other night, I had the
television on something about vacation homes. One was in the desert. They
had a solar black water composter. It sterilized the water part and sent it
to a wetlands area (cat tails, etc.) and then turned the solids to a sterile
ash which you then mix in with your regular compost pile.

I've been trying to find more info about this on the net as this would work
solar wise here very well.

We will be putting in a wetlands (the ditch was already here) for gray
water. We're waiting cat tails (may go down the road and "borrow" some) and
other plants that the folks at HSU recommend.

Lynda