homestead - RE: [Homestead] Rabbits

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Rabbits
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 23:03:35 -0500

Rob helpfully relates:

<<To give birth there has to be a male involved.
If you are not interested in anything but getting milk and a goat for the
freezer any male goat will do, related or not. >>

It has been a great shock to me, living as I do in a farming community, that
many -- oh hell, most -- people appear not to have a clue that birth is
necessary for a female animal to produce milk. I know that many of the
ignorant had to have been breastfed. We really have taken too many steps
away from the basics.

Marie