homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rabbits

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rabbits
  • Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 20:39:54 -0700

At 4/4/2005 07:16 PM, you wrote:

Every "expert" I have read claims that you cannot breed related animals,
which made me wonder how many bucks one *reallly* needs in their herd.

I know you are talking about rabbits but the statement above does relate to goats. If you want to milk the goats they have to give birth <shrug>, just one of those facts. To give birth there has to be a male involved.
If you are not interested in anything but getting milk and a goat for the freezer any male goat will do, related or not. I'll bet it's the same for rabbits.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA