homestead - RE: [Homestead] Phony e-mail from Microsoft?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Phony e-mail from Microsoft?
  • Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 09:08:39 -0700

Tim: These " phishing" schemes are really getting sophisticated. Microsoft
Windows XP has an automatic system for updates. I am sure you have seen it on your toolbar.

Yes, I thought it was set up to be automatic update. The Symantec site says this virus has been around since August 2004. Why hasn't Microsoft fixed it?