homestead - RE: [Homestead] Refrigeration

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Refrigeration
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:42:53 -0700

But, seeing as you're in Phoenix you wouldn't know from humidity.
Ya'll can cool with swamp-coolers for chrissake.

Warren, pardon me if I have misled; this is a temporary place to make money. If I have my way, in October I retire and go home to Heartwood, in the middle of the humid Ozarks. That's where I want a walk-in refrigerator. I have a good root cellar, which works fine in the winter but when July says hello something mechanical is needed to keep things cold. My concept is a seriously insulated corner of the pantry maybe four times the size of a refrigerator, with a people door, but also with little doors on the kitchen side that open to reveal items used on a daily basis. By opening only little doors to get the butter you let very little cold out.