homestead - RE: [Homestead] Refrigeration

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Refrigeration
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:31:43 -0700

The ammonia refrigerant is a sealed system, so you aren't dealing corrosives in the hot water aspect.

So, is what you are suggesting using hot water as the heat source to heat the ammonia into becoming a gas? If so, how would one control the temp of the walk-in box? Hm, maybe using a valve on the water line like in a radiant heat system.

I think I get the idea, but how would one cool a walk-in box with a refrigerator? Leave the door open?