homestead - RE: [Homestead] Refrigeration

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Refrigeration
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:08:49 -0700

I've seen some plans on the internet for homemade ammonia refrigerant systems

Found this. He uses propane as the refrigerant liquid that gets heated into a gas.
http://home.earthlink.net/~lenyr/refrig.htm

I was thinking more along the line of using a tiny window air conditioner or a refrigeration system from an old refrigerator. I suspect that with the latter, frost buildup would be a problem.

Maybe I just need to find and buy a walk-in box. But all I have seen are far larger than I want.

Seems like this would be a business opportunity for some country guy.

Maybe I could just build the box and have a refrigeration guy do his thing.