homestead - [Homestead] Refrigeration

  • From: ted <music AT thenightshades.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Refrigeration
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:06:58 -0000

on 3/7/05 9:01 AM, homestead-request AT lists.ibiblio.org at
homestead-request AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> I would like to build a small walk-in refrigerator with small wall doors to
> access commonly-used foods and condiments. Anyone have ideas beyond heavy
> insulation?

I've thought about wrapping some flexible pipe around a small stock tank,
and running cold water through it to keep the temperature in the 40's F. I
have gravity spring water, so no pump, but it's been awful dry around here
and I don't have enough water to spare. I think 1/4 to 1/2 gallon a minute
would provide sufficient flow to keep it cold.
Ted